Sorry I was a bit MIA last weekend. We had our annual girl's weekend in Hayward. It seems our friends have the same taste in fashion. Last year we all had brown boots this year we all had Sorrels.
It's ideas like this…..
That later lead to this…...
Here we all are!
While I was away Spencer started hockey.
Ryan took them out for lunch after hockey.
They also did some mid day bowling.
It appears they were having their own happy hour.
They finished off their weekend together with a hockey game at UW River Falls.
Easton suffered just as bad this fall with allergies. I decided we should also have him tested and get him on a plan for during the peak times. He didn't test positive to as many things as Spencer but he reacted to trees, molds and ragweed. He was a trooper. The MD asked if he preferred to have a blood test or the skin test. He picked the skin test. His whole body twitched while we were waiting for the results because it itched so bad.
The downfall to waiting for your prescriptions at the Target pharmacy. You walk the store and buy a lot of stuff you don't need.
Easton wanted to help me out by making his own lunch. I thanked him for his help but I think next time I will help him just a little.
We finally got snow and some colder temps. We have the perfect hill in our backyard for sledding. I try and keep warm while they go down it for hours after school.
We had Gavin and Maddie over one night. They shoveled our patio off and used it like an ice skating rink.
Spencer prefers to leave his boots in his snow pants, because this is how the fire fighters do it. In theory this works great until I need to dry his boots.
Easton and Nolan are part of a sports class during the week at the YMCA.
We gave away the last of our pull ups and diapers. Nolan is officially daytime potty trained. I will admit though we still have 2 struggling with night time potty training. I hope they figure it out soon because Ryan's tired of changing sheets and I'm tired of washing them!
Clothing is often an option in our house for some reason….
Christmas gifts have been coming in the mail. I think the boys are having more fun playing in the boxes.
We moved the fire station to Nolan's room and he's been playing with the firefighters each night. He's even named them Peter and Simon after our friends.
My boys must be thankful for me as they sent me a nice flower arrangement.
Grandpa came and hung the last of things around the house.
Playing games is painful with Nolan but he loves to try.
Grandpa and Grandma came up to watch the boys play hockey this weekend. First up was Spencer.
Next on the ice was Easton for the first time as a Mite level 1!
Watching him play is a lot different then watching Spencer.
After about 30 minutes you start to loose them! He had to lay down for a minute or two.
Here all the kids were making snow angles while they waited for their turn.
Ryan had the little boys at the store so Spencer and I snuck off and went skiing! It was our first time out this year and we had a blast. He's improved so much over last year. We successfully did the chair lift over and over without falling. He can now get his own ski on when he falls.
The tow ropes look easy but take it from my they are not as easy as I remember!
We ran into some friends of ours who's son is in Spencer's class. These two had a blast skiing with each other.
Their mom captured this photo of Spencer and I on the chair lift together!
We joined them for hot chocolate and pizza before heading home.
We had our neighbors over one night for sledding and dinner. Spencer loves holding baby Madden.
We are slowly getting into the Christmas spirit around here. The boys have been watching Polar Express and Elf on the Shelf.
So let me tell you a little bit about our Easton. He keeps us on our toes both in good ways and in bad. He has a great imagination and can turn anything into something. He's also a little garbage collector because of this. If there is an empty toilet paper roll in the house he will find it and hide it in his room.
He currently has 2 pairs of underwear hidden in our house. The orange ones behind his door he says are the ones he will wear one Christmas eve….
The other ones hiding behind our closet door he says are for Christmas! He makes me laugh when he does stuff like this.
But he makes me cringe when he does stuff like this! Also the day my dad was here to hang stuff our bathroom toilet was clogged because someone flushed a whole roll of toilet paper and the drain in the bath tub was clogged from a toy and paper that someone brought into the tub. It's never ending!
But seriously how can one ever stay mad when they can be so cute! We are having a heat wave here today it reached 50 degrees!





























No comments:
Post a Comment