It was homecoming week in Hudson. The store got tagged by the high school homecoming committee to celebrate.
They had theme week at school. This day was hat day. Spencer was excited to wear his cheesehead but then was a little sad coming home cause everyone called him "cheesehead!"
The boys and I played at the park the at start of week. We've had some really nice weather this week.
There is a song that the kids like from bible camp. My cousin Jewel gave me a copy of the CD and I swear we've listened to the same 2 songs at least 100 times!
If your curious what song it is watch this video. No I'm not driving I pulled over in a parking lot.
Spencer continued to play flag football this week.
Nolan thinks because his pjs have webs he should be able to fly. He attempted many many times.
It's so rare when these two will actually sit and play nicely together that I had to capture this moment.
Ryan took Spencer to the Y for a football competition. They had to punt, pass and kick the ball. Spencer took 2nd for his age group of 6-7 year olds, he was so excited!
Easton is our little speedster. Here they are playing sharks and minnows. He was the last kid still with his flags on and he beat all of the kids to the other side again without getting his flag pulled. He told Ryan, "I can't believe I did that"
This week Easton got to spend some time with Ryan after football.
I was able to join Spencer's class to help celebrate Johnny Appleseed. Poor Spencer is allergic to apples so he was limited to the treats he could eat.
This was the taste testing station. I brought him applesauce to eat while the other kids had apples.
They colored pictures for a story board.
This station they got to cut up apples for applesauce.
Spencer's school had a family night at Sky Zone. This is one of Nolan's favorite places.
I snuck Spencer out of school 10 minutes early so we could attend the homecoming parade.
Spencer also had a late start this week. We went to the gym per his request. We played one on one, did some laps around the gym and finished with a game of soccer. Sadly I rolled over a soccer ball and went down on my knee. I'm still recovering from my injury :(
Hudson took on my alma mater Eau Claire Memorial for their homecoming game. The older boys went with Ryan while Nolan had a sleepover at Auntie's and I went to a retirement party.
The boys like to stand by the locker room and high five the players as they run onto the field.
We got to see a preview of the pictures from Aunt Renee's wedding.
Here's a sneak peak at what 2 of the boys are going to be for Halloween.
This weekend I had marked on our calendar as garage clean out day. The boys LOVED helping sort toys and figure out what we should keep and get rid of.
Hmmm…. how many hockey nets does one family need?
This weekend was an exciting one for Spencer. He got to run in his first ever 5k! He had been begging me since last year to run in the color run. I found one in Eau Claire and signed us up.
We got an extra packet of color to throw on the boys before the race.
Just before the race started…..
Easton kept busy with the rest of the blue color packet.
And we were off!
Spencer did such a great job running. He only wanted to walk a handful of times. I asked him at one point if he wanted to walk up the hill. He pointed to some runners in front of us and said "mom if they can run up the hill so can we!"
Our family was waiting for us at the blue color station...
Sadly I didn't have a memory card in our regular camera and we didn't figure that out until after we crossed the finished line. So this is Spencer recreating crossing the finish line with Finley and Auntie.
Hadley joined Auntie for the finish!
He's officially a 5k finisher.
To celebrate we went to brunch. Grandpa is missing because he's over in Scotland for the Ryder Cup!

































No comments:
Post a Comment