We are down to our last days of summer. I surprised Spencer with a special date day. Him and I took off for Valley Fair. He thought we were going to the museum so once he saw all the rides in the distance he got excited!
I decided it was going to be a day when I just couldn't say no to him. Well I did say no to all the extra games that cost another $50.00 practically to play. We had a blast. The park was empty and we moved to the front of the lines quickly!
He loved the kid rides. There's a whole section of rides that's for the younger kids. He went from ride to ride even doing some of them a few times over.
We did venture out of the kids area and attempted some of the big roller coasters. He wasn't too sure about doing the Wild Thing. It's the tallest roller coaster at Valley Fair. I was so excited and he was so nervous! I was sort of surprised that I may have found a limit at which he is scared/nervous because typically he acts like he has no fear.
He survived the ride and told me "mom that tickled my belly but I wasn't laughing!"
The only way I got him to do the Wild Thing was to agree that we could see the dinosaurs after.
It was a great day and one I hope he will remember forever.
It's hard to believe 3 years ago was the first time we took all of the boys downtown for the movie in the park night.
3 years ago….
Here we are today…..
Knoke's sponsors the movie night so we though we would support them and get some ice cream…
We met our friends down at the park also.
The store has been busy with Hockey season just around the corner. They had the River Falls Youth Hockey Association in one night to kick off their season.
The kids love the shooting lane!
Their first print ad! This is in the Hudson varsity football game program
Nolan loves going to the store with dad to help. Ryan agrees he's the best one of the 3 to take with. But how hard can it be on Nolan? Chocolate milk, donut and cartoons before the store opens!
Nolan is always so curious. Matt is sharpening skates and Nolan had to pull the ladder up so he could watch through the window.
Then he had to get his chair so he could see into the shooting lane when Matt was giving a shooting lesson to one of the Hudson youth hockey players.
We've been doing our part wearing our gear around town and to the football games.
Grandma Julie and Grandpa John sent the boys a back to school package...
This week it was meet the teacher night for all of the boys. First it was Easton and Nolan's turn. They will be attending Bethel Preschool 2 days a week.
After the craziness of meeting the teachers I took the boys out for dinner.
Next up was Spencer. We got his first grade pictures back already!
We are so excited for Spencer to start first grade. His teacher already seems 100 times better then last year. We are hoping he has a great year!
Spencer made his own breakfast one morning. He loves waffles and pancakes, can you tell?
Ryan attended my dad's annual golf outing at Wild Ridge. He was pretty excited that he won for his division.
Nolan went with Ryan to the tennis courts.
The boys, Sam and I hit up Sky Zone one afternoon...
Easton's allergies have been bad. The only positive is he seems to be sleeping a bit more. It's hard to tell if your eating breakfast or lunch when you don't get up till 10:30 am!
Even Nolan likes the basketball shoes….
When we had Nolan's meet the teacher night I told her he was about 90% potty trained. The only problem being that he never goes poopy on the potty. She asked me if he could clean himself up after he has an accident. Umm… No, he's 3! She said by law she is not allowed to touch him or clean him up since they are not licensed for that. GREAT! So she told me she would have to call me when he has an accident and needs help. Needless to say we've been working really hard on potty training and the last 4 days we've been accident free.
You can tell summer is coming to an end. The mornings and evenings are cooler. The beach is hardly ever busy and the lifeguards are gone. We are still trying to take it all in and enjoy every last minute before we are stuck inside for months. I did however say "I'm sort of tired of packing up a beach bag" as we were leaving this day.
Spencer and Easton spent this past week at their favorite camp. It's crazy to me how dirty they get. They play out side from the time they get there until the time they leave. It always impresses me how tired the kids are in the evenings. By the end of the week I end up throwing their socks and shoes away.
Sometimes Easton is so cute…. Like when he's asleep!
Other times not so cute….
We celebrated Jake and Maggie (neighbors and friends) turning 3!
Nolan has been fighting going to bed in his crib and getting in and out during the night. We will randomly find him sleeping on our floor next to our bed.
Since his big boy bed is on back order I decided to use the crib conversion kit and make his crib into a toddler bed. So far he LOVES it!
We enjoyed watching the Badger game (until they lost) outside on a friend's projection screen against his garage.
The big boys got invited to have a sleepover at Auntie's house. They were excited!
It sounds like they had fun and were able to spend most of the evening outside playing with the neighbors.
Bath time!
They attempted sleeping in Finley's new big bed. Apparently though Hadley really wanted Easton to sleep with her.
But in the end my two ended up on the floor. Poor Finley he wanted nothing more then for Spencer to sleep over and sleep in his new big bed!
Sounds like it was a late night so the next morning they hit dunkin donuts.
They played on the playground at Auntie's school.
They also went to Carson park since it was the last weekend of the summer to ride the trains.
Grandma and Grandpa met them there….
Late night equals a tired Easton!
School starts on Tuesday for all of the boys. Wish us luck on our first week that it all goes smooth!





































No comments:
Post a Comment