Sunday, January 12, 2014

Skiing!

I apologize I never got back to the blog last week. We enjoy that we have this to go back and look at all the different milestones/activities we've done over the years but it's still not my favorite thing to do on Sundays.

So lets get caught up....

Over Spencer's Christmas break I had asked Grandma if she would be around to help with Spencer who was off from school on the days when I worked. That turned into them asking if Spencer and Finley could go to Florida with them. With only 1 rule (they weren't allowed to take them to Disney) we agreed he could go. Trust me it didn't take much convincing.

I thought I had the pictures from their trip but I guess I don't. The disc got deleted so I will refer you to my sisters blog as she does a great job filling you on the trip: http://babysullivan.blogspot.com/2014/01/florida-trip.html

We celebrated New Year's Eve with Neighbors. We had a kid friendly party and Nic made sure they were all high on sugar. He has a popcorn machine, cotton candy maker and and icee machine. The kids all had a blast playing while the adults got to hang out. I like that our kids are getting older and we don't have to follow them around to watch their every move.


Our neighbor created a green Packer drink called the Peppermint Packer.




With the new year I've set a few resolutions. Each week I need to make 1 new healthy meal. I'm getting tired of making the same things over and over and want my kids to eat more of a variety. I've also broken our house up into 12 sections. Each month I'm going to tackle 1 section and get it organized.

We invited a few friends over to watch the Badger game...

We took the kids to a Blugold game for Grandma's birthday. It was pure chaos! The kids were busy/tired and everyone wanted what the other person had. Poor Grandma, it wasn't much of a family dinner as the check couldn't come fast enough. It was just one of those nights.

Thankfully the boys were better behaved when they went to another game during the week. Ever since Spencer was the water boy for the team in Florida he resumes his roll at the other games. He wouldn't fold his clothes at home yet he will do it for the girls on the basketball team.



Ryan braved the cold with his "just as crazy about the Packers" friend. They headed to Green Bay for the game. There is no way you would catch me going to a game when it's that cold!



The start of this last week was a cold one. The highs for the day were -15. This meant school was closed two days in a row due to cold weather. We've been working through all of our toys that the kids got for Christmas.

Spencer was looking for spare change to fill up his Packer bank.



Have I ever told you that it kind of scares me when I know I'm going to be stuck at home/inside with all 3 boys for a full day. They can just have so much energy and some days they get along great and other's its like a battle zone in here.


The 2nd "cold day" I sent the little boys to daycare. Spencer and I had a play date with a friend at an indoor park. Apparently I've stopped carrying my camera with me as I took zero pictures.

So here are a few other random pictures....

Nolan still takes all that he can to bed

With these cold stay home days I've been forced to run at home more. Both boys love having a turn once I'm finished.



Spencer got to skate between periods of the Hudson high school game. He did great and even scored a goal. The high school players stayed out on the ice to watch the little kids play and then created a tunnel for them to go under on the way back to the locker room.

Before the game they got to meet the team in the locker room and shake the player's hands



They also got to sit on the bench for the National Anthem.





 

I've been anxious to introduce the boys to down hill skiing. Last year they tried out cross country and this year it was time. Spencer was excited and Easton was nervous. He asked if he had to go fast and if we would hold his hand.


I signed the boys up for lessons. I had to lie about Easton's age by 2 weeks. All kids have to be 4 to do the lesson. I asked the instructor though when I signed up if was ok and she said yes. That made for an interesting conversation while getting his boots. The worker jokingly asked "Easton, are you 5?!"Both Easton and Spencer responded "He's 3!"Both Ryan and I quickly said "No he's 4." Remember he had his birthday." Spencer said "He did? Was I invited?" The worker then jokingly plugged his years and said "go ahead and explain it to him." Knowing we were lying about his age. I then said "they are right he is 3 but will be 4 in a week." Ugh kids never let you get away with ANYTHING!

This was my picture to Grandma since she sent one of them having coffee on the beach.

Getting our gear on....


Let the adventure begin!

First up, getting fitted for boots, skis and helmets.








 We took the boys to Welch Village which is about an hour from Hudson. They have this really little hill and down the middle they have what is called "The magic carpet." Otherwise known as a moving sidewalk that the kids ride to get to the top. WAY easier then the tow ropes I remember.

It didn't take them long and they were going down the hill on their own.


The magic carpet.


It was time for Ski school. They were part of the Explorer's group. We were looking forward to an hour of ski time on some bigger hills.

It's been over 10 years since we've gone skiing and I remembered on the first run down how much I love to ski!

After ski school it was time to take the boys on the chair lift and attempt the bigger hills. Spencer was ready! Easton was ready but first he wanted a snack so I took Spencer while Ryan sat at the chalet with Easton.

Never once did he ask for help or get scared. He just begged for poles instead. 

Ryan and Easton on the chairlift. 





My cousin Jon was also at Welch with his wife Jenn. It was great being out there with them and Jenn even helped Easton down the hill once. Spencer asked Jon if he wanted to race to the bottom. If it wasn't for Ryan telling Spencer to "snowplow" about every five seconds, Spencer might have beat Jon!




Here are their videos from the day....



No comments: