Playing hockey in the basement is a favorite past time the boys have. Nolan is very serious about hockey these days!
Would you be scared if you walked out of your bedroom during the night and saw this at the end of the hall? Ryan woke up on night around mid-night and could see the light on at the end of the hall. He found Easton fast asleep on the bathroom floor. He had gotten up to go to the bathroom during the night and must have been too tired to take the 10 steps back to his bed. Instead he fell asleep on the floor.
Nolan prefers to hang with Dad and Spencer at the hockey rink. Easton prefers to just hang out with me. This day Easton traded going to the rink and instead he wanted to be checked into kid's stuff at the Y to play with the "other friends" as we call them.
Nolan being a proud little brother
It's time for Easton to learn a little discipline and try something new that none of his brothers have done. He gets to take a karate class. Spencer is so jealous and I think Easton is loving having something for himself. He did a great job and listened to his teacher like he is supposed to.
We finished our date night with dinner at the restaurant next door.
Our phones and ipdas all sync together. The kids take the most random screen shots! This showed up on my phone the other day!
We went to the Children's museum the other day with some friends. The kids had a blast!
Getting all the kids to even look at the same time was proving to be a challenge. We also just struggled getting all the kids in same picture!
Finally all 7 were in the same photo. Even if Jake is refusing to turn around.
At the museum they have a sensory room. I sort of had to laugh when the kids picked to play in the tub of snow. Seriously there's feet upon feet of that stuff outside and they still pick to play with it inside.
They also had face painting. I allowed the kids to color their own faces.
Poor Ben was so tired from the museum he fell asleep at the table.
Finally Nolan and Easton were playing nice together in the basement. They were working on some puzzles.
Nolan played a game of air hockey on the ipad while I showered. The kid seriously loves hockey!
They wanted to visit dad for lunch.
Thankfully Ryan had lined up a sitter and we were able to sneak away just the 2 of us. This was my dessert! YUMMY!
This weekend we had a few birthday parties. Spencer and Easton went to our neighbor Sam's 6th birthday party. I tagged along to help. I was worn out from that party! She has invited 18 boys and 1 girl. That's a lot of energy.
Sam the birthday boy.
The BFF's from birth.
I had to laugh when Amanda was cleaning up and says "What kids were sitting here?" Not in a good way either. I responded with "Oh Mine! What did they do?" Spencer left his gum right where it is in the picture on the table. Needless to say we had to have a talk about that. YUCK!
After running around the house for 2 hours the kids were tired!
After most of the kids were in bed we snuck out for a little girl time. Amanda and I needed some time out after that birthday party.
This weekend's weather has been great! We've gotten back outside and enjoyed the pond. Life seriously is so much easier around here when we can be outside! The kids have so much fun together. We invited a few friends to come test out skating also.
Owen and Easton.....
Gavin came over to try skating for the first time. I think he's hooked!
Even Liam was asking for skates, sticks and a helmet on his way home.
Easton was pulling Maggie in the sled.
This is Ben. He's on Spencer's hockey team and lives in our neighborhood.
So I have to brag for a few moments....
Spencer had a birthday party last weekend and I got to see him in action with his friends. At both parties two different friends cried over something. The first one was because he didn't get a toy on his cupcake. So Spencer gave him his. The second time the friend cried two times because he was at the end of the line and didn't win any candy. So Spencer gave him some of his candy and allowed him to move up in line by him. He melts my heart to see how nice Spencer can be with sharing and including others when their feelings are hurt. Love that little Spencer!
Easton has also been great lately. He's also saying some pretty cute things.
For example: Mom the ipads not working. I can't watch my movie because theirs no internets!
We passed a city work truck and you could smell the diesel fuel. He says "Mom what stinks in here?" I tried to explain to him the differences in the gas that cars and trucks use. He finally says "That truck must not feel very good!"
Also what I love about Easton so much is how much he tells me he loves me. He also is always telling me how cute I am, that I smell good and I'm pretty. That little E knows how to melt my heart!





















No comments:
Post a Comment