Zoey Update!
We brought her on Monday to UW Madison. We didn't get the best of news but I didn't think at this point there wasn't a lot of hope. Zoey has a tumor growing on the side of her face. I knew in my mind it would only continue to grow bigger and removing it would be impossible. They said she has a rare form of cancer. Basically with regular tumors/cancer when it starts to spread it grows like crazy and there isn't a lot you can do. Zoey's form when it starts to spread is very slow growing. The reason why they thought the spots on her lungs maybe weren't cancer (we found out Monday they are). Unfortunately for Zoey the mass on her face is going to be what causes her trouble. It will get to a point where it's just too big and become so painful for her. We decided to try radiation to slow the growth and maybe even shrink the size of the tumor. Hopefully this will give her more time before it gets too bad. The side effects from the radiation are minimal. There are no real good options at this point so we feel this is best.
Our week was pretty random, so random pictures are what you get!
The boys had theme week at school. I love theme week because they are so excited to get up and get dressed in the morning. One of the mornings was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" We have a Packer player, Twins player and the CEO of Target!
Grandma Nancy sent valentines day cards. The boys love the new Target gift cards. Thank you for sending them!
Most kids dip their grilled cheese in their soup. Not Easton....
Spencer had a big day on Wednesday. He counted all the way to 100 by himself for his teachers at school. I also registered him for kindergarten. I'm still in denial that he will be in school next year. I'm just not ready. He however keeps telling me he is.
Easton doesn't like to hang out in pjs. The moment he gets up he's picking out what he wants to wear. That's great but he makes a mess of his drawers looking for things.
Easton kept himself entertained by throwing his hat in the air at Spencer's hockey practice. One of the throws, it never came back down!
Ryan's old favorite and new favorite coming together at the NFL Honor's Award show last week. Ryan thinks the healing process is officially underway with Brett and the Packers.
Nolan LOVES balls and loves to throw them. He's got a great arm!
Hockey has come to an end. Spencer skated for the last time on Saturday. Auntie, Finley, Hadley, Grandma and Grandpa all came to watch. We lost Nolan for a good 5 minutes in the rink. We think he snuck around and was hiding on the team bench. Thankfully a friend of ours found him. Spencer wasn't feeling the best and he kept saying his hands were cold. The first hour of practice they did evaluations to see how much they've improved. The second hour Ryan got to skate with him for a bit and they gave out medals to all of the kids.
Taking a rest.
He sure is proud of his Hockey medal!
Everyone came back to our house to play, have lunch and eat cupcakes. Finley was sad he missed out on Easton's party so they brought cupcakes to celebrate.
This is Nolan's goal celebration. He yells out "goal!" when he does it.
The neighbors had a sledding party on Saturday. I thought it would be a great idea to take pictures of all the kids.
Only I freaked out when I remembered I left the camera outside over night and all morning! It's been freezing rain here today! Thankfully I took my time drying it out with the hair dryer and it seems to be working again! I have it fully exposed to make sure it's all dry. My heart broke when I saw my camera covered in snow.
So It's been a year since I started running and taking control of my weight. It's hard to stay motivated at times. When I look back on these old pictures though I can finally see the changes in myself. This is what keeps me going! Ryan saw the picture of me in the green sweater and couldn't believe it!!





















No comments:
Post a Comment