Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hockey For A Day!

All last weekend Spencer seemed a bit worn out. He started getting that croup sounding cough and started running a low grade temp on Sunday night. We had been exposed to strep so Ryan stayed home with him on Monday to bring him in to the clinic. We were told it was just a bad cough and to ride it out. The difference between staying home with mom vs dad. When you are sick dad will still take you out for lunch to your new favorite spot even if it is 15+ min away. 
Spencer's hands were cold while eating lunch!

Zoey LOVES to be warm.

Easton hasn't worn diapers for a really long time and we haven't used his changing table in awhile. So we made the final step and converted his changing table into a dresser. Even though we haven't used it in forever it was still kind of sad.


How can one little boy make such big messes? Nolan loves to take everything out, dump and or throw things everywhere. Thankfully he also likes to help clean up.


Ryan took Spencer with to run some errands. He tried on a Wild Hockey helmet.



Grandma made really cute valentines for the boys to give to their friends at school. She offered and I was willing to cross that off of my list of things I needed to do. Spencer worked very hard on writing his name on the back of each one. Ok maybe I helped with a few.



It makes me laugh at how different they all are. Also notice the backward and upside down "e."



We celebrated Valentines day a day early. I was home with the boys that day so we had extra time to do fun things. We made cards for their teachers and Ryan.


We also made fun treats. Heart shaped jello and cookies.


They waited patiently all day for their valentines.









The boys wore their cute v-day shirts to school the next day.


Valentines day is a lot like Halloween with all the treats they brought home. While I was in Eau Claire on Thursday night, the boys had a McDonald's Valentine's dinner.


Days like that can really tire a little boy out.

I love the art projects the boys made us at school.

I brought Zoey to Madison for radiation on Friday. Since Grandma and I had hit all the malls the last time we were there. I decided it would be fun to run downtown. It was chilly but nice to be back outside. I also met Grandma Nancy for lunch at her work. Update on Zoey is still really unknown. The tumor stayed about the same from the visit before. That's good news since it had been growing pretty quickly. We will talk next week if we want to add another medication. I'm just not so sure how far I want to push things when in the end it's not going to cure her. All of it just seems really up in the air right now as far as time.

Grandpa John and Grandma Julie came up to visit this weekend. They brought Ryan a bunch of hockey books.  Can't say I'm overly excited for Ryan to start coaching but I better start preparing myself to be the wife of a hockey coach.

I have always said and I think a lot of people agree that Easton looks just like JB. Grandma Julie brought us this picture and I think this confirms it. It's a picture from 1990 of Ryan and JB. If that isn't a little Easton.


They had "Try Hockey For A Day" program at the rink on Saturday. It was the first time Easton got to go out and skate like a true hockey player. He was so excited and couldn't wait for his turn. He did great! He was probably the littlest one out there. It was fun watching on the side and listening to other parents comment on how well Easton did and how little he was. He didn't even need the skating trainer.








 The Hudson boys and girls varsity hockey teams were on the ice to help all the kids.

This girl helped Easton out a lot. She took him all over the ice. I think he was in love. Her brother won the Stanley Cup last year with the LA Kings.

Spencer skated with the older boys for awhile and they played mini games.












Spencer was a great big brother and helped Easton out on the ice.





Later that night we met friends out for what was going to be 1 drink. Well that was the plan at least.

There is a reason why I don't go out very often. It's hard to recover the next day!

Spencer went to Liam's birthday party this weekend. It was a cowboy themed. He had a great time and wishes he could have stayed there all day.



Before Grandpa John and Grandma Julie left today we took the boys to the pond. Grandpa John wanted to run drills with Spencer. The ice was slick as they just flooded it the night before. Nolan had a hard time walking around. He insisted on holding his stick and wanted to hit the puck around.








Even I got brave and for the first time since I was little (even though Ryan got me skates years ago and by years ago I mean almost 10!) I tempted ice skating. At first I didn't have a clue what to do and after a bit it all came back. I wont be qualifying for the Olympics anytime soon but it will be fun to be able to skate with the boys.


 Grandpa John and his boys!


No comments: