Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stretched To The Max!

Currently I'm thinking back over our week and wondering if it all really did happen. I hit pure mom melt down mode from being stressed and way over tired this week. Just to give you an idea of our week here's a quick timeline.

Last Friday I had Nolan in the ER for his breathing. That was where it all started!

Sunday after I posted the blog: We ended up in the ER with Easton.

Monday: I have to miss work and take Nolan in for his follow up appointment. Spencer has sports class.

Tuesday: I woke up with pink eye and I was home with all 3 boys. The day was so awful.... everything was a challenge. I actually threw away toys in front of the kids. This would also be the night Nolan decided to start waking up every hour.

Wednesday: Spencer wakes up at 5:00 am sick.

Thursday: I'm home with the boys again. The older boys have music class.

Friday: I have to leave work early to get Easton back to EC for his follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon.

Saturday:  Conner's basketball tournament in EC. We rushed to clean and prepare for all of our neighbors to come over for a welcome party.

Sunday: Finally a day of rest!

So more in detail about our week!

By now most know that we had to rush Easton to the ER for cutting his head open. He fell and hit his head on the stairs at my parents house. My mom and I were upstairs and we heard him hit, then him crying and finally my dad yelling it wasn't good. I took one look and knew we needed to take him in. He had cut his head to the skull. Would you believe I had him singing and laughing the whole way to the ER and when we got there he was hanging out on the bed like nothing happened. He never lost conscious. The doctor put numbing gel on it and eventually he got a medication called Versed. He started to act happy and drunk. The plastic surgeon ended up being in the hospital and came to put the stitches in. He said now a days he doesn't hesitate to take kids to the OR to sew them up but Easton did GREAT! He sang his ABCs for everyone and made funny faces with the ER doctor. He got roughly 15 stitches. I think I laughed the hardest when Easton told Grandpa to "zip it" on the way home. He woke up once during the night for a minute. Other then that he never needed any pain meds. I on the other hand maybe got 3 hours of sleep I was up all night worried about him. He is a tough little boy! By Monday afternoon he was back to his normal self running around and even doing headstands. At his appointment on Friday the doctor thought it was looking great and he will continue to monitor the scar over the next year or two to watch how it heals before for he decides if we will surgically need to intervene.

****Warning!!! Some of the pictures below are from when he was first in the ER!****




It looks way awful here with the numbing gel on.

I don't think he is phased by the cut on his head.....

At our follow up appointment.

Tuesday morning I woke up with pink eye! Thankfully Uncle JB came to my rescue to help with the boys. Nolan came with me to the clinic while he stayed and played with Spencer and Easton. When I got home I thought it would be fun for them to use the window markers to color while I went around the house to clean the grease finger prints off the wall from Easton. I took my eye off them a little too long and came back to marker/crayon on the carpet, Spencer's bed and themselves.


While I was getting the tub ready for their next surprise Easton took his dirty diaper off in Spencer's room and I got to look for poop that may have fallen out.

I filled up their tub with bubbles and glow sticks. While I was stripping Spencer's bed I heard "Ahhh yuck my tongue!" Yup Spencer's great idea was to bite into a glow stick! Next Nolan decided to poop in the tub! So I quickly got them out and brought them to our bathroom to clean them up and finish their baths. After baths while they ran around I got to scrub their tub.

Spencer's bright idea..... I did warn him!

After naps we needed out of our house! I was tired of trying to do fun activities and then create more work for me. So we finished off the afternoon playing out side and then having some hot chocolate to warm up! A text I sent Ryan during the day "I'm about to walk outside, scream at the top of my lungs and I might not go back in!"


Spencer came in our room at 5:00 am the next morning (we were getting ready for work.) Coughing and coughing. He said he needed to go to the doctor that his throat hurt. Unable to miss work again I called Grandma. She agreed to watch him and bring him into the clinic. Good thing she did, the doctor treated him for his cough and swollen red tonsils. While they waited for the prescriptions at Target Spencer talked grandma into a few treats. He re-paid her by dusting her whole house while he was hyper from the steroids.

This weekend was our first time getting to watch my cousin Conner play basketball. The boys had fun watching the game and running around with Tanner. Uncle Darren even taught them how to do the score books.


Easton threw a nice tantrum when we got home!
Finally he let Spencer touch him and take his coat off for him.

On Saturday night we had our neighbors over for dessert. We had a new family move in a couple of doors down in December and it gave us all a chance to all get to know each other since we are all still new. There were 8 adults and 11 kids!! The kids all had so much fun playing together. It was busy but fun!

Sadly this was the only picture I took all night!
Sunday we headed to the Y for our Sunday morning work out / play time in the gym. In the afternoon Ryan took Spencer to the Minnesota Swarm Lacrosse game in St. Paul. His friend Sam and his dad joined them. Uncle JB was also there. They had fun and I enjoyed my time home with Easton and Nolan!
Ryan asked him what kind of treat he wanted. Without hesitation, Spencer wanted Mini Doughnuts!

I'm really hoping for a quiet week this week! We all need the rest!


Here are random pictures of the week...

You would think we are trying to poison him with puffs...

 Spencer can be such a good big brother. He loves helping his brother!

Nolan and I got some alone time while Easton was with Grandma and Spencer went to Uncle JB's hockey game with Ryan. He got the tub all to himself!

 Taking a bath at grandma's pre head injury!

Potty training at Grandma's.

More potty training! He's been doing great!

The boys and I tried our first Shamrock shake! I've heard a lot about them and finally gave in! With the week we had, we needed a fun treat!

Even Nolan got some.

I allowed Spencer to pick out his own outfit one day! Thankfully I pick his clothes out 90% of the time!

They got a V-day package in the mail from Grandpa John and Grandma Julie...

Grandma Nancy sent the boys a Target GiftCard!

Easton got to spend some time at Auntie's house!


My 3 crazy boys! They make sure life is never dull!

No comments: