My attempt at getting all 3 to look at the same time......
(Their shirts say, Brothers Stick Together)
It was another quiet week so I thought this would be a great time to fill you in on all 3 boys. I'll start with the youngest....
Nolan:
Our not so little boy turned 3 months old last week. Time is going by WAY to fast. I try to hold him as much as I can because I just love when they are a baby and liked to be snuggled. We even fell asleep together Friday night. To me there is nothing better.
(He had enough!)
Sleeping: This is hit and miss. Some nights are awful and others are great. It seems that his internal alarm clock is still going off at 2:00 am. Luckily, we just have to give him his nuk and not feed him but it's still a pain. He typically wakes up around 5:00ish to be fed (he goes down around 7:30 pm). This is great on days when I work but is tough on days when I'm off with all 3 boys. He isn't on any real routine as far as napping goes. Hopefully we will get this all figured out.
Eating: He eats just about every 3 hours. He drinks about 5oz at a time. We are still putting cereal in his night time bottle to help with the reflux. It works great at night now we just need to figure out a solution for during the day as he continues to spit / throw up a ton!
Sizes: He is filling out big time! He is now wearing 3-6 or 6 month clothes. He's also in size 3 diapers.
He is a very HAPPY baby. He gets fussy when he's hungry or tired of being in the same spot for long periods of time. He's doing great at sitting in his bumbo and loves to play on his play mat. He has yet to roll over but after watching him on the floor today it won't be long I'm sure!
Easton:
Oh Easton! He keeps us VERY busy! Because of him Nolan is never safe on the living room floor, swing or bouncy seat alone. Thanks to Easton, Nolan also had his first taste of real solid food. He fed him 2 raisins and a goldfish cracker. He is our entertainment though. He's as cute as can be and melts our hearts with his blue eyes and smile.
Sleeping: He is by far our best sleeper. He goes down about 7:30 pm and wakes around 8:30 am. He takes 1 after noon nap that can last up to 3 hours. He LOVES his blanket (thankfully we have 2 of them). If he's ever upset or tired just give him his blanket. I've been told by his teachers though that he doesn't nap well at school. So he gets to spend extra time cuddleling them or going to other rooms to play.
Eating: He's not our best eater. He has his favorites: Banana's, pancakes, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese and of course he is by far our biggest milk drinker. Because he hardly sits still long enough I'm still giving him the baby food pouches that consist of a variety of fruits and vegetables. He really likes those and it's a great way to get some good food in him.
Size: He's now wearing 18-24 or 24 month clothes. I used to buy him size 5 diapers but they were hanging on him so we are back to 4s. He's our little peanut!
He loves to play with Spencer and do everything he does. He's always asking where Spencer is. He can be very rough when playing and is probably better at tackling then Spencer is. When he does sit for 5 minutes you can find him in Spencer's room looking at books. He's starting to use more and more words. I'm sure to most people it probably sounds like mumble jumble but to us we know what he's saying. Even though he can be rough at times he loves to give hugs and kisses especially to Nolan. Life would be pretty dull without Easton.
Spencer:
I just can't get over how old Spencer is getting. He is so smart, caring and such a good big brother. He's always paying attention and never misses a thing. He also has a very good memory.
Sleeping: He's by far our worst sleeper. He's impossible to put to bed some nights. He comes out of his room at least 5 times wanting something. This is after we've read 4 books, rubed his back and tucked him in. He finally goes to bed around 9:00 pm. You never know what you will find when you open his door after he's been quiet in his room for awhile. We often find him dressed completely different and sleeping on the floor with the lights on. He refuses to nap at home but still takes almost a 2 hour one at daycare.
For some reason he has no troubles sleeping on the floor! Here he is in his PJs, Badger jersey and bike helmet!
This was a different night......
He did tell one teacher he sleeps on the floor because he thinks their are monsters under his bed.
Eating: He loves his sweets so we are working on healthy vs sugar snacks. He will request pancakes every morning for breakfast. He loves cheeseburgers, mac and cheese, yogurt, applesauce, tacos and nutragrain bars.
Size: He's our big boy! He's wearing 4t in everything. His feet are also big and thick. He continues to be potty trained except at night. He will still get up once in awhile and go during the night but doesn't usually wake up dry so I refuse to even try right now. We are just starting to get full nights of sleep I'm to wake up 5 times during the night to change sheets. Hopefully this will just be something he learns on his own.
Spencer has been having some troubles at school with listening to his teachers and playing with his friends. I'm not sure if it's the change of me going back to work and him having to get up earlier but whatever it is he just hasn't been himself over the last few weeks. Because of this we started the marble jar. Currently he is earning marbles for every time we catch him doing something good or goes to bed well on his own. He's also earning stamps at school and gets marbles for each stamp. Once the marbles reach the line on the jar we are going to Target to spend his GiftCard on whatever he wants. So far it seems to be working well.
When he's not having troubles listening he can be such a good boy. His teachers told me a story about how one day when they were playing outside Spencer went over and started playing with a kid that normally doesn't get played with very much and pushed him on the swing. I always here how he is very caring and will make sure everyone is involved. He loves playing with his brothers and helping take care of them.
Onto the week:
We took Spencer to his first Wild game. Ryan, Spencer, Uncle JB and I all went to the game. We brought him down by the ice for warm ups. He enjoyed watching the game from my lap and did great sitting most of the game. It was in the last 10 minutes that he started to get antsy and convinced his Uncle to take him potty and then walk around.
The boys got a Halloween package in the mail from Grandpa John and Grandma Julie. They loved all of their Halloween treats!
Saturday Nolan and I headed to the gym. While I worked out he got to spend time in the nursery (when I picked him up he was sound asleep in one of the teacher's arms). After my workout the older boys joined me and Nolan went home with Ryan. I took the boys swimming and played in the gym.
They spent the rest of the day playing outside since it was beautiful out. For some reason they love to wear their bike helmets everywhere!
Here's what breakfast looks like at our house......
Poor Nolan!


No comments:
Post a Comment