The boys and I went to the Zoo for the first time this year. I'll admit I was nervous at the thought of the two of them against me (what's it going to be like with 3) but they did great. I could have used a second set of hands at lunch though. I finally took the seat part off of the stroller so it's now a true sit and stand for Spencer. He loves the fact that he can ride but get in and out really easy. Easton did a lot of talking while we walked around and I think they both enjoyed seeing all of the animals.
The whole time they were playing I could only think about how dirty they were getting! I'm trying to get over my anxiety about dirt!
I got the phone call at work from daycare to say Easton's temp was 102.5. Ugh seriously, why are our kids ALWAYS sick? So I picked him up and he was beyond cuddly and just wanted to be held. Why does it have to take them being sick for them to only want to be held and rocked? Needless to say the fever continued well into the next night. I did end up bringing him into the clinic but everything looked fine so maybe it was just a fever.
I picked Spencer up from school and while we were at the store he lifted his shirt and said "look mom I got bit." I noticed 3 little red bumps on his stomach. The next day when I was loading him into the car at Grandma's I happened to lift his shirt to see how his red marks were doing and to my surprise they had spread over night. He was covered in red bumps! I quickly asked my mom and Jackie if they thought it looked like chicken pox and they agreed it did. He had the vaccine so I called the clinic right away to see what I should do. We brought him in and at first his doctor told me that when they had the vaccine they don't look like the normal case of chicken pox. She thought at first that yes he had it but once she realized that he didn't have them anywhere else she started second guessing. That night I gave him a warm bath to see if more would appear but they didn't. He did have to miss daycare because we just weren't sure if they really were chicken pox or something else. I think in the end it was something else as the spots are starting to fade and he didn't get them anywhere else. He never itched them but if asked he would tell you they itch and hurt. It was so strange.
It was a quite weekend around the house. I went back home on Friday and most of Saturday while Ryan hung out with the boys. They were busy playing in the garage most of the time because it was raining out. The weather seems to be nice during the week but icky on the weekends.
House Update!
This week they did most of the electrical and running the duct work for the heating and cooling. We had our electrical walk through at the start of the week to make sure we had all of the outlets and switches in the right spot. Its kind of a pain to think about but it's crazy how not having an outlet someplace could really bug you. I still walk through the house and think not much has changed since a week ago but Ryan doesn't say the same he notices all the changes as he goes there every night. They have started to lay the brick on the outside this week and will be starting on the sheetrock so we should be noticing big changes next week.
Here are a few updated pictures.
We went with red brick and tan siding.
Our fireplace is in along with the wiring for our TV which will hand above the fireplace
Looking from the living room into the kitchen. Ryan likes to quiz Spencer to see if he knows what room he is standing in.
Looking from the middle of the kitchen through the pantry into the office. The stairs to go down are just on the left of the pantry.
In the basement living room.
More of the basement living room. Ryan said his TV will go in the right corner.
The 5th bedroom in the basement that we don't plan to finish and will use as more storage
Basement bathroom.
Looking out the office window in the front of the house.
The kid's bathroom
Master bathroom. The tub is in and the shower will be just to the right.
Looking into the entry from upstairs. This will remain open.
As far as our house goes. We've only had one showing and they didn't like the fact where our lot was, but liked the house. We did meet with the realtor and we ended up lowering our price. It seems that the house market just hasn't picked up as much around here. Hopefully we will start to get a few more showings with the lower price.Baby Update!
I had my 30 week check up this week. The baby's heartbeat was 150. Dr. Weber said everything measured fine and that I was doing well. We talked about all of the contractions I've been having. I have a TON of contractions but they don't usually get to the point where I'm timing them. There have only been a couples of time that I have had to, but not many. He said it's not uncommon for repeat moms to notice them more but if I have 6 or more an hour to call.
We went over my lab work from the previous appointment and everything checked out great. I need to keep taking extra iron because I was two points low. He ended by asking me if I was eating. I laughed and said do you see this belly and asked what my weight gain had been and he said I've actually only gained three pounds since the start of my pregnancy. I did remind him that this seems to be the norm for me and in the past I didn't gain much with either boy. He didn't seem concerned.
I have the typical pregnancy complaints. I'm not sleeping well as I'm usually up for a few hours in the middle of the night. It's getting harder and harder for the boys to sit on my lap or for me to carry them. My patience is thin and I've been extra hormonal this week and can cry at just about anything. Overall though this has been another great pregnancy. I've been told a lot this week that pregnancy really fits me. I'm anxious for it to be over but yet I know it's the last time so I don't want to rush it either. I get sad to think I will never be pregnant again.

























No comments:
Post a Comment