By Wednesday afternoon Easton was back to his normal self but I was starting to feel a little off. By the time I got home from work I had the flu. It was horrible. I called in sick to work on Thursday and thankfully already had a doctor appointment set up for the afternoon. I wasn't even able to drink and keep down a full glass of water. I knew I was dehydrated. When I got to the clinic I told her right away that I had the flu. When my doctor came in he decided right away he wanted me to have some IV fluids before I went home. He was worried that I was getting to dehydrated as well. So after my check up I headed over to urgent care for my liter of fluids. My mom brought mashed potatoes to see if I could get some food in me. When Ryan picked the boys up from daycare on Thursday, Easton was only in his diaper. Apparently he still had a touch of something because he got sick one last time. He had been symptom free for over 24 hours.
I was feeling better on Friday but Easton had been up on and off throughout the night so I was feeling more worn out than anything. Grandma came to our rescue again and drove up for a visit. She watched the boys so I could get a nap in. I'm not sure what I would do without her! By Friday evening both Easton and I seemed to be doing better and I was finally able to eat again. Somehow Spencer and Ryan were able to avoid it, but Spencer has started coughing lately so we'll see what happens next.
Easton has been screaming / crying a lot lately. Every time we put him down he will scream. I also noticed he won't eat table foods and would gag when I gave him his bottle. I kept thinking it was because he was getting over the flu. But Saturday morning both Ryan and I noticed at different times he was tugging on his ear. We got him into the clinic and she confirmed he had an ear infection. Easton is not off to a healthy start this new year!
Even though he's been sick he's still working on walking. He's getting better about walking behind his toys and he has a big brother that LOVES to show him how to do things.
After our appointment we drove to meet my family to for my mom's birthday lunch. As always with the three little ones meal time can be pretty crazy. Luckily the restaurant was pretty quiet. I'm not sure we will be going out to eat as a family much when there are five kids three and under! The only picture I have from this week is one of the older boys helping Grandma open her presents.
On the drive home the sun was in Spencer's eyes so he wore my sunglasses. Apparently they helped him fall asleep!
Baby Update!
I had my 12 week check up as I mentioned before. Grandma was there with me so we could hear the heartbeat together. After what seemed like forever we finally heard it. It was in the 160's. I honestly was to sick to care about anything else or ask any of the questions I had. So after my exam I just wanted to leave. I got home and then remembered my list of questions. Oh well I guess they can't wait until I go back at 16 weeks.
Overall I would say symptom wise this pregnancy has been the same yet different. I have felt more sick in the mornings and a few times have had to pull over in the daycare parking lot or on an exit ramp. Other than that things seem to be the same. I'm hoping now that I'm out of the 1st trimester that things will get better and I will start getting more of my energy back.
When we had Easton it was an adjustment as far as getting used to taking care of two kids instead of one. We didn't have a lot of major changes. Our house still worked and we had enough bedrooms and we could fit two car seats in both of our cars no problem. Now that we will be adding a 3rd it's presenting new issues. Where will baby #3 sleep? Currently our house has three bedrooms up and the potential to finish a bedroom in the lower lever. Sharing a room just isn't an option. Our rooms are on the smaller side and I can't imagine putting the baby with anyone for fear that he or she would wake them. Easton and Spencer will be too little for bunk beds. Grandpa suggested we explore the option of moving. It's hard to believe after only living in this house for what will be three years we are already thinking of the possibility of moving. Ryan and I want to explore all of our options and really see what is out there before we make a major decision like that. So we've been looking into homes in our neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods. We've been looking into both building and previously owned homes. It gives me a headache to think about packing and moving while pregnant with two little ones or even after the baby comes. Hopefully we will come to some kind of decision soon! I will keep you posted on what we decide to do. This could be quite the adventure.
I promise next week we will have more pictures for the blog and hopefully we will all be healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment