Sunday, December 19, 2010

Santa's Coming!

This week was spent getting Spencer and Easton ready for Santa to come to our house. I have a feeling this just might be Spencer's favorite time of the year. Spencer pops out of bed every morning because he's so excited to find his elf. Ryan and I think this is the reason why he hasn't been sleeping past 7:00 am. He knows the elf is watching and reporting back to Santa. Spencer also told us that Santa is watching him on the web cams at daycare (hmmm seems his teachers are trying to use Santa to get the kids to behave too.) Either way he continues to be a great little boy!


 
One of Santa's helpers stopped to drop off a small present to let Spencer and Easton know what good boys they've been. He left it on the front step, rang the doorbell and ran away. Spencer was so excited. I can't wait to see him when Santa brings all of his real presents. Santa even left a little note for the boys with his picture.

I had some appointments in Eau Claire this week so Grandma offered to keep an eye on the boys. We met Auntie and Finley at the mall to play on the toys. Santa is right by the toys and Spencer really wanted to see him again. Even Easton got to meet Santa this time. Once again Spencer asked for an orange airplane and nothing else. After their visit with Santa they got to play on the toys. The boys spent the rest of the day with Grandma while I went home to get ready to host bunco.



On Friday Auntie, Finley and Grandma came up to visit. We were supposed to play at the Giggle Factory. Well when we got there both Auntie and Grandma pointed out that Spencer's right eye was still red. I said "still red, I never knew it was red." I guess they both noticed it the day before. So that ended Spencer's visit at the Giggle Factory. So while the other boys played (Jill, Gavin and Maddie also joined us) Spencer went the minute clinic and sure enough he had an ear infection, and possible pink eye. The doctor didn't know if his eye was red because of his cold/ear infection or if it was pink eye. Either way we are treating it.

Afterward we all went back to our house and had lunch and decorated Christmas cookies. It's a tradition that we want to start doing with the boys. Only next year we will plan a head and do it earlier.


Easton couldn't decorate but he enjoyed eating a cookie.

We spent the rest of the weekend at home. These next few weeks will be busy so it was nice to have some family time. We did a lot of art projects, played games and last night we had popcorn while we watched The Polar Express.

You can't take your eye off him for a minute!

He LOVES pizza! He's eating all table foods now!
Spencer and Ryan played lots of hockey in the basement. Spencer told me "no girls allowed!"
He shoots he scores......

When playing hockey Spencer likes to check himself up against the furnace like a hockey player against the boards. 

Everyone has to take their turn resting on the bench.....

Easton can now stand for a few seconds without holding onto anything!

Ryan made Spencer a hockey table out of a shirt box.

Despite Easton's face he really does like pickles....

We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I can't promise there will be a post next week but I will do my best!

No comments: