Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fevers and Snow!

Both boys were a little under the weather this week. First it was Spencer. I picked him up from day care on Tuesday and he seemed a little "sensitive" or whiney and out of sorts. I thought he felt a little warm so I checked his temp when we got home. It was 102.4! The poor kid HATES taking medication so we ended up pinning him down and forcing him to take some motrin. All he wanted to do that night was cuddle in bed with me and watch Curious George. I think we were both asleep by 6:30 that night! He was fine in the morning and didn't feel warm at all and back to his normal self. I brought him to day care and kept my fingers crossed that it was just him being over tired and worn out.

Easton was next. I got a call from daycare on Wednesday at work his temp was 102! What is going on? Ryan picked him up and he basically slept from 5:00 pm-8:00 am! Grandma came up and watched him for us on Thursday. Once they have a fever at daycare they can't go back for 24 hours. Grandma said he was the perfect boy and never felt warm once. So maybe it was a 24 hour fever bug. Either way, both boys are feeling much better and we are well rested in this house!

If you haven't heard then you must be living in a bubble! Minnesota and Wisconsin got hit with a blizzard that started on Friday night. We had plans to attend an "Ugly Christmas Sweater" party on Saturday. It was at our neighbor's house. Grandma offered to keep Spencer and we just took Easton with us and put him down in the pack and play while we hung out. So while Spencer was snowed in with Grandma and Grandpa, we were snowed in here. Grandma said they kept VERY busy. They made a tent out of a card table and sheet, watched movies together, and went to Auntie's house for dinner.

They had dinner at Wild Ridge for the last time this season.
Both boys did a little reading before it was time to go.

Easton kept us busy here by getting into everything. I also gave him his first hair trim. His hair was getting really long around his ears and starting to curl out. Sorry I didn't get any before and after pictures but I did save the hair. I'm still not sure why you save their hair from their first hair cut. It's crazy how fast both boy's hair grows!

Our little trouble maker LOVES to put EVERYTHING in his mouth!

This is the part of learning to eat table foods that is cute at first but a pain to clean up!

Well I hope everyone living in the area survived the blizzard!

No comments: