Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Snow!

The camera didn't come out much this week but that doesn't mean we weren't busy. It seems like no matter what it is that we are doing we are always busy. Last Sunday we met my parents for dinner. Their anniversary was on the 10th, so it was nice to celebrate with them a few days early.

The boys and I continued going to the Y at the start of the week. On Monday Spencer did NOT want me to leave him there to play. On certain days of the week they take the kids to the gym to play with trikes and bigger things. I thought maybe Spencer would have more fun playing in there. I brought him in but the only thing on his mind was going home (this is so not like him at all)! After getting him a ball, I found him facing the wall crying (that was enough to break my heart). I decided to go with "just rip it off like a band aid" approach and just run for the door, hoping that after a few minutes of crying he would be fine. While I was on the treadmill I got waved down by one of the teachers, there was no consoling him. Both him and I sat in the gym and watched the other kids play hoping it would warm him up to the idea of being in there. Then while I sat and watched he joined in and started playing. Eventually he told me he was ok and that I could go back upstairs. About 30 minutes later I went to pick him up and I could tell he was getting sad again. I know it will take time and it's all new to him. He does keep talking though about when he gets to play with his "other friends." So maybe he's warming up to the idea.

Wednesday I brought Easton in for a recheck of his ears. I was planning on her telling me that his ears were really bad and that he needed the antibiotic. I figured that could be the only reason why he's been whining and fussing so much lately. Nope, his ears were clear. She did look in his mouth though and he has 4 top teeth on the way. Now that would make anyone crabby. But since he's had a low grade temp and a snotty nose on and off for almost 2 weeks she told me to try the antibiotic anyway. I was dreading giving it to him because I knew how much Spencer HATED taking it and it was always a battle with most of it ending up running out of his mouth. Easton on the other hand seems pretty excited about it.

Friday the boys spent the day with Grandpa John and Grandma Julie. They agreed to watch the boys while Ryan and I worked. Spencer was so excited when he got up and saw them here. Grandpa John told me that they played hockey together in the garage at least 2 times and kept VERY busy all day. Later that evening while I joined the neighborhood ladies for an evening out Ryan took the boys out to dinner with everyone. I guess he must have forgotten that camera because we have no pictures!

We woke up Saturday morning to snow. The first thing Spencer wanted to do was go outside. So after breakfast Ryan and him bundled up and headed out. Even Easton tried to crawl out when the door was open. Spencer played for almost 2 hours in the snow! He would have stayed out longer had he had better gloves. I only had bought a fleece pair last winter because he didn't really play in the snow. Well, his gloves were soaked and his fingers were red by the time they came in.





Saturday evening was parent's night out at day care. We were able to drop the boys off from 4:00 - 9:00. We had dinner with Grandpa John, Grandma Julie and their friends before going to the hockey game. I snuck out of the game early and made a quick stop at Target before picking up the boys. They told me Easton took about a 45 minute nap but was wide awake when I got there. Spencer didn't want to go home with me. He was hyper!


Grandma Julie and Grandpa John stopped over on Sunday on their way out of town. Spencer got to help Grandpa pick football teams for his pool against Ryan. Afterwards the boys went out to the garage to play some hockey. It won't be long and they will be back up to visit!


So I brought home an In Touch magazine and there is a girl in a bikini on the cover. Spencer looks at it and says "Oh...Oh pretty girl" Seriously! Where did that come from?!

No comments: