We now have a new bath seat for Easton. The nice thing about his seat is that we can give him and Spencer a bath at the same time instead of filling up the infant tube all the time.
I tried to put Spencer down for a nap one day this week and I took his shoes off. He was pretty upset and wanted them back on but I told him no and that he needed to lay down. He cried for a bit but then it got quiet and when I went in to check on him he was sleeping on the floor cuddeling his shoes!
We finished out Memorial day weekend by spending time around our house and grilling out with the neighbors. We got out Spencer's pool from last year only to realize we were missing the plug to hold the air in. So I made a run to Target to get a new pool. Later Kyle and Kristin came over to grill out. Spencer LOVES cheeseburgers and is now a big fan of corn on the cob!
My mom came up on Tuesday to help me with some errands. We were in need of curtians for Spencer's room (I think maybe one of the reasons he was getting up so early. It can get pretty bright in his room). We also needed something for our patio door. Both boys were pretty crabby and we only had a limited amount of time. I'm happy to report that I found what I needed. So on Thursday, Grandma and Grandpa came up again to help hang everything. While my mom and I reorganized Spencer's room Grandpa got busy hanging everything. Grandpa HATES hanging stuff but is so good at it! THANK YOU to my parents for coming up to help us!
I took Easton in for his 4 months check up on Thursday. I was anxious to hear how much he weighed but I could do without the shots! Easton was 15 pounds 3oz (25%) 25 inches long (50%) and his head was in the 50%. It's strange to have him be in the 25-50% for things because Spencer was always in the 95% for everything. I'm ok with Easton staying little longer, they grow and change way to fast as is! We talked about all the things Easton is doing and what we can expect in the next couple of months. He's stopped rolling over from his belly to his back but he can get half way from his back to his belly and actually today I had put him on his side in his crib to sleep and when I went in his room because he was crying he had rolled onto his belly. So it will be a matter of time before he's doing both again. The Dr. thought Easton looked great and had good balance when sitting holding onto my fingers. We talked about starting cereal and she told me that we could anytime between now and 6 months if we wanted. I haven't decided yet when we will try it..... maybe this weekend just to see what he does. The last thing we talked about was how to get him back to his normal sleep pattern. He went from going 11 hour streches to 7-8 hours. I know it could be worse but what happened to my really good sleeper? Either way I was just happy to hear that we have a healthy baby.
Spencer had developed a cough ever since last Sunday. He never had any other symptoms besides a cough. I thought maybe it was a cold or allergies and just brushed it off. The cough got worse as the week went on and I called the clinic and they thought I should have his lungs listened to. They said not to worry unless it got worse or he developed a fever. Why is it that things always get worse in the middle of the night forcing you to go to the ER? The Dr. came in right away and said he was listening to Spencer cough out at the desk and he has croupe. We did a breathing treatment and gave him some oral medications and we were on our way home. The CNA in the ER kept telling Spencer if he was good he could have a freezy only she forgot to bring him one (probably because he was a pain when it came to giving him his treatments) but all the way home he kept asking for one. So there we were at midnight him and I having a bowl of sherbet!
This was what Spencer picked out to wear for pj's so this is what he wore to the ER also! Ryan says it's appropriate because the Blackhawks are going to win the Stanley Cup!
This weekend we joined my family in EC for the Air Show! I was excited for Spencer to see all of the big planes and he is ALWAYS pointing out the airplanes as they fly over in the sky. He was so excited when we got there and wanted to touch and get in all of the planes. They have some that kids can get into and check things out
He looks like he flys all the time sitting like that!
Spencer and Finley checking things out!
Grandma and Grandpa got us tickets in the Chamber Chalet so we were able to sit up close. We got to see all the planes and they went by but I think Spencer’s favorite was the school bus that was jet powered! He kept asking for more school bus (his other favorite thing) and I was excited for Spencer to see the Blue Angels perform. We got him all ready with his headset on but as the Blue Angels were taking off his eyes started to go close. So Spencer and I sat in the back and while I enjoyed watching them fly by he enjoyed a nap! I can’t believe even with the headset on he was able to sleep right thought it. As soon as we got in the car though he woke up and asked where all the airplanes went! Thanks to Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Jim for watching Easton for us during the show. Grandpa Jim even got to change one of Easton’s poopy diapers! Maybe in a few years Easton will be ready to join us!Getting autographs from the pilot
Hiding under the tent while it started to raining... that's Finley sound asleep in the blanket.
While this was flying over head......
this was Spencer sleeping!
No comments:
Post a Comment