Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Program and Field Trips

I had a busy week of field trips with Easton. On Monday we went to the Willow River Tree Farm. Being out there ALMOST made me think we should get a real tree some year. We had fresh snow and the smell of pine made me happy. It was the perfect day unlike when Grandma went with Spencer and it was freezing and wet. I love getting to spend these days with Easton. 


Easton and his friends Luke and Landry. 

This little girl Olivia was in my group and she couldn't have been any cuter. 



After they cut down the tree all the kids tried to help move the tree. 

This is Easton's little girl friend Addison. 


Ugh, the Hudson Hockey Association apparel order. I'm starting to think the store needs a second warehouse as our house as become the place where all things get sorted. It's been taking over our living room the last month will all of the different association orders.

Ryan and I worked for hours sorting and bagging all of this apparel for the hockey association. Thankfully Grandma came to our rescue to help with the boys.

There was around 120 bags when we were done

Josie likes to lay in front of the Christmas tree. Can you see her in the picture?

Since we can't get outside much the boys have been playing the xbox again. Nolan was getting into position to run for the track and field game.

They cleared some of our lot. That's as far as we have gotten in the building process. We are putting it on hold until we can go through the spring parade of homes. It's fun to see the lot without all of the brush and trees.






So what happens when a hockey stick hits the TV? I've actually been waiting for this moment to happen. I always say we can't have anything nice in this house because it will at some point get ruined. Unfortunately this happened when one of the neighbor boys was playing with Nolan and threw the stick.  Oops! The odd thing is when you look at the TV you can't tell it's broken until you turn it on and get this.

On Friday I was able to go on another field trip with Easton to the Children's Theater. We saw the Jungle Book.



It was a long bus ride there and back so we played a lot of thumb war. 

Ryan and I took the boys out for pizza, it was perfect. One played pool while the other two played darts and video games. Totally looks like a Wisconsin bar, doesn't it?

Easton was refusing to look at the camera. 

Until Ryan bribed him. 


We had our friend Christmas party. We all voted to wear out comfy clothes/pjs. 

Testing out the selfie stick. They may seem silly but it's a good way to get everyone in the picture.

Here's a little flash back picture. 

Josie is wondering what happened to all of the snow. She likes to sit in this spot and just watch. I bet she's thinking about how she would like to just go running on the baseball field.

Her other favorite spot is in front of the fire place. 

Nolan and I had last minute errands to run but we stopped to have lunch at our favorite place. He likes it because you get a chocolate covered strawberry for dessert.

We attended a craft night at school. The boys like going to school outside of when they are supposed to be there to see friends and teachers. It was a great turn out.

It's not often the boys still want to snuggle. 

One day I found Spencer carrying down his laundry. He actually did all of his laundry from start to finish.



Here he is folding everything. He even brought it all upstairs and put it all away.

I was sorting some things in the storage room and I realized this is all I have in Easton's baby book. I didn't fill it out at all. I just stuck some stuff inside. I hope this blog will be a good enough replacement for them.

Nolan stayed at Grandma & Grandpa's for a couple of days,  he was TIRED when he got home! 

Easton still enjoys reading. Here he was making a check mark on his paper for every page he could read on his own.

Chippy has been busy flying around the house.



These are dancing tattoos when you use an app on the iPhone 




Our minion advent calendar. 


Easton got to play some games while Spencer was at a birthday party. 

They've gone to the gym a few times now since we can't get outside as much. 

Ryan brought the boys and his skates to be sharpened at the store. Good thing we know someone who can sharpen. Getting the skates sharpened alone could cause us to go broke.

The boys are still enjoying hockey. Some days I can tell they are tired when they are out on the ice but overall they are all doing great!

Here's Spencer doing one of his drills. 

Even I joined the boys on the ice for open skate. They think its funny to see me out on skates.

We also had our neighborhood Christmas party. We did a murder mystery party.

Everyone was required to dress their part. 

Ryan and I were Santa and Mrs. Claus. 

You might be wondering what Ryan is looking at in this next picture….

He was busy taking his own picture.



Easton had his first friend over from school, Addison. OMG she's a cute little girl and so polite. 




Today we had the Christmas program at church for the boys. Nolan's concert was during the 9:30 service and the other two were during the 11:00 am service. Ryan and I are feeling very blessed after 2 hours of church.

First up Nolan…. in the white shirt and bow tie 


He looked like he was falling asleep up on stage. 


In between the programs. 

Spencer got to be a shepherd during their program. He was excited until he learned he had to miss hockey all weekend. But he stuck to his commitment and did a great job during the concert. 



Easton wore suspenders and looked so cute!









Oh Easton! He was by far the best one of our 3 to sing during the programs. 

Our big canvas print came in today of the boys sharing cookies and milk with Santa. It's one of my all time favorite pictures!

No comments: