Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Carving!

Sadly my camera is getting left at home more and more often. Most of these pictures are ones we've taken with our phones. I need to get better about bringing the camera along. We've been enjoying fall around here. There are so many fun things to do.

We started the "Boo your neighbor" game. We ran around to 3 different houses to deliver surprises. I tried to teach the boys they needed to ring the door bell and run away. They kind of caught on to this part. I also told them it was a surprise and they couldn't tell the people that we Boo'd them. They failed at that!

In return our neighbors Boo'd us!

Football is almost over! I'm not really sad about that because 2 nights a week at 5:15 pm makes for a rushed evening.





Spencer and Sam trying hard to get every leaf they can into a pile so they can try and jump in it.

Hockey season is right around the corner so the boys tried on their equipment to see what fits from last year. Nolan is excited that he gets to skate this year with his brothers!

Apparently hockey gloves are a must when going to bed. Spencer must have been about 3 in the first picture.

Nolan added some parmesan cheese to his spaghetti. Okay, not some… a lot!

Grandma Nancy came to visit! The boys went to her hotel to swim and got to take a bath in her big tub!

We had a pizza party in her room.


The next night they went to the MOA for dinner and to go on some rides.







Our kids are getting lazy around here!

So we came up with chore chart. They love it so far and are always excited when its time to do the chores. Here I'm explaining what each of them is responsible for.

All of them have to make sure their rooms are picked up. Some of the other chores are: clean the toilet in the bathroom, wipe the counter down, take the garbage out, put a new bag in, pick up living room toys and put the shoes away. If they do their chores for the week they earn a dollar that they get to spend however they want.


We went with my parents to a Packer game.







I ran into my friend Adrienne while we were there.

Ryan and my dad had this great bar that we just had to go to…. They found it way more fun then the rest of us.

Ryan recreated the moment from the last time they were there. 

We had fun with Jeff on the ride home.

Thanks mom and dad for taking us with!

Now that I'm a stay at home mom I get asked to do fun projects like this for school. I had to rip up hundreds of lottery prize tickets for Spencer's fall festival at school.

The boys went to the last Raiders' home game.

Nolan brought home some art work from school. I'm not exactly sure what a "Head Store" is!

It's fun to see how much Spencer's drawings have changed.

We almost hit 70 degrees on Friday. I brought the kids to a park that I've been wanting to take them to all summer. It's so big with lots of areas to play.


Some of our friends met us there.



Hollis came home with us and showed off her singing and dancing moves.

Easton and I ran to target quick and he showed me all the things he wants for Xmas. This is his "Cheese/please" face.

My running has sort of sucked lately. I'm not really running much at all. I agreed awhile back to run the Monster Dash 5k with a co-worker. It's sad to me when I know that I used to be able to run more than 3 miles and now I can hardly make it. Time to get back in shape!

They had the Hill Top Pumpkin Party out at Camp St. Croix this weekend. St. Croix Sports had a table set up with a hockey game.


The boys got to go for a pony ride.



They painted pumpkins...

That evening we went for dinner and ice cream. On the way back to our car we walked past the fire station. The boys were trying to look inside. Someone noticed them and invited us in.

They got to go in the fire truck...


Before we left they even go to try on a helmet.



Hockey starts in a couple of weeks so Ryan took them out on the ice in River Falls for open skate.







Nolan loves skating as much as his brothers!


We finished off our weekend with pumpkin carving. We don't use fancy kits and I'm not very artsy or creative so we did your standard pumpkin faces. The boys all picked and drew what they wanted for a face.








Happy Halloween!

No comments: