It was a big week for Easton. He got to go to his first all week, all day out door summer camp. He was excited to be like his older brother and head off to camp. Overall camp went great. They had 2 rainy days forcing them to play in their big barns. Easton told me there were things he liked about camp and things he didn't (he didn't like when they sprayed him with a hose). He's excited he gets to go back at the end of the summer.
While Easton was at the traditional day camp Spencer attended their version of Sports camp.
Every other week I play in a golf league. The boys asked if they could get their clubs out and Ryan took them down to the baseball diamond and acted as though it was a mini driving range.
Ryan also took the boys to the store as he had a meeting that night. They must have brought the iPad with because I found all these random pictures….
It was Easton's turn to go with Ryan for his softball night. Ryan said he didn't take the job as serious as Spencer and even fell off the bleachers at one point and hit his head.
We had a pretty rough morning getting out of our house this week. I was having some mom guilt so I decided to stop at the beach for an hour or so with Nolan. He had a lot of fun and I think truly enjoyed spending time with just mom this week.
I always say it's a good thing I am Easton's mom and that he's so darn cute. Our kids are far from perfect, not every day is a fairy tale and I'm by far not a perfect mom. Easton and I had a rough morning towards the end of the week when I could tell he was tired from his week at camp. He wanted pancakes for breakfast and I put them on a green plate. Well he wanted the blue plate like Spencer. I wasn't willing to switch and told him just to eat the pancakes or he would go to camp hungry. Needless to say he threw about a 15 minute meltdown tantrum and took his fork to the top of our kitchen table and put some scratches in it. I lost my cool... I just get so tired of playing the little games. I know it would have been easier to switch the plate but then I'm giving into his whiney behavior. I just didn't think he would act out like that. I was hurt, upset and mad. When I dropped him off at camp I could tell he was still tired as he had tears in his eyes, hung onto my leg and asked me to take him home. Part of me wanted to stand there and hug/love him and part of me thought "I don't want to be around you after what you did this morning." Being a mom isn't easy. I hate that I always feel like I'm being judged by my kids behavior. Or my kids are always being watched to see how they will act in different situations. We have 3 incredible boys. They are not well behaved or good all of the time. They have a lot of energy and love to wrestle, tackle and be rough. As their mom it makes me cringe at times but yet no matter what I still love them. Easton is also the kid that will still curl up into my lap just to be held. He's the first one to tell me he loves me all the way to outer space. When you give him a task or really ask him to be a good brother/helper he will. In the car today I asked him if Nolan could help him carry something in and right away he says "Ya sure mom!" I just wish I had answers for what to do in the situations when he is throwing his tantrum or showing us just how strong willed he can be!
The table….
Nolan is wearing his new baseball shirt to cheer on his brothers.
Our neighbor Eli brought his 4 wheeler back from his cabin. The kids all got to go for a ride in it. I'm pretty sure they will want to ride in this instead of their little power cars from now on.
We had family pictures this weekend. We told the boys they needed to dress up. Right away Spencer was begging for the outfit he wore to his kindergarten concert and Easton wanted his tie dye YMCA shirt. We told them they could wear them at the end for a few pictures. Luckily I had the final say in their real outfits.
Here's one I took with my phone. I'm hoping we got a few good shots of all 3 of them smiling.
Our street is pretty great. The kids have other endless kids to play with. They all seem to get along well and we do a lot of fun things. Nic brought out the his movie screen on Saturday. While the kids watched a movie the adults sat around the fire and played bean bags. Doesn't get much better then that.
Easton had a friend's birthday party this weekend. Owen and Evan are two of Easton's buddies. The Giggle Factory was crazy with kids running around.
Neither of our kids would look and smile for me...
We finished our weekend off with a grill out at my old co-workers house. It was so great to see my friends again. The part I miss the most about not working are the friends I made while I was there. I love that we still stay connected and can get together.
Where has the time gone? I just can't believe this little boy will be 3 when we wake up tomorrow. I'm so excited to continue to watch him grow and learn but he's so darn cute the age he is right now that I want to freeze him in this moment. Love you Nolie!
I shared this video earlier this week but it makes me laugh every time I watch it. It's super annoying when he actually does it because it's usually when we are in a hurry or have a long ways to walk…..




















No comments:
Post a Comment