Sunday, March 23, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday Spencer!

Spencer turned 6 on March 21st. He is so excited that it now takes 2 hands for him to count how old he is. It's crazy to think how fast 6 years have gone and how much our lives have changed in those 6 years.

We had Spencer on good Friday and brought him home on Easter Sunday. I cried the night we got him home knowing how fast time was going to go and I wasn't ready for him to grow up and go off to Kindergarten (yes the post baby hormones were kicking in!) 

Look at how cute and little he was.......




He was lucky and celebrated his first birthday in Mexico. He took his first steps a week later at his birthday party.

He had an Elmo themed birthday party. There was a book with Elmo in it that he had memorized. Everyone told me I should write things down as they start talking and or doing fun/cute things. At the time I thought "How could I ever forget how cute this or that is." It's true though I'm thankful for this blog over the years. It's truly a story of their lives.




 He had his 3rd birthday at the water park....

He loves being a big brother and he makes a great brother to both Easton and Nolan. When we were in Mexico this year there was a kid trying to pull Easton under the water. The fear in Spencer's eyes broke my heart to see him that upset. He did exactly what we've always told him to do and that was come and get us. He loves his brothers.

 He's lucky that his birthday falls on spring break. I just hope he knows that when it's his golden birthday and he turns 21 I will be tagging along to wherever his destination is to make sure he survives to see 22!



Every year gets better and better watching him grow up and see him trying out and learning new things.






Happy 6th Birthday Spencer Ryan! 

Spencer got his birthday present after we got home from our trip. Like our wrapping job?










Spencer's reaction over his gift....

Easton's reaction. It's hard watching your brother get fun gifts..... Trust me Easton I know the feeling! I felt the same way when Auntie Heather got her discman and I had to wait until I was older.


He's looking so much older.

So a glimpse into the world of Spencer: First he has no fear. He's will to try everything at least once. There isn't a sport he doesn't like. He's always wanting to push the envelope and go faster, longer and more crazy. He's got a soft side to him also. He cares for his friends and gets upset if they are upset. He prefers to be active. He wants to play outside, games and be on the move. He's willing to try new foods and loves a lot of different things. Very rarely does he allow me to pack him a lunch for school he prefers hot lunch (that might say something about my cooking.) He enjoys going to school and seeing his friends. His teachers seem to enjoy having him in class. We just got his 2nd report card and he made some great improvements since the start of the year!

Spencer: Your mom and dad are truly proud of the boy you are becoming. We are blessed to have you as our son and are excited to watch you grow and take on new things in this world. Our hope in life for you is that you have fun in all the things you do. We love you!

No comments: