Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Away...

While Spencer brings toys to bed...

Easton falls asleep playing in his toys...

This is his Uncle Sam beard that they made at school...

Spencer has had a big obession with golf lately. He woke up one morning at 6:00 am asking to watch golf on TV. He's taken his golf set to bed everything night and even points out Tiger on TV. Also, instead of watching his nightly cartoons, Spencer and Ryan have been watching a recording of the 2010 US Open!

We’ve had a very busy week with lots of changes going on. Sometimes life takes those unexpected turns and let’s just say we’ve had a few of those this week.

I started my week by training at one of our hospitals. Our endoscopy center supplies the GI support for 3 of the major hospitals in the Minneapolis area. Basically that means as nurses we go to the hospitals with our Doctors to provide care for patients who are in the hospital or for whatever reason may need more assistance and monitoring that we can’t provide in our outpatient center. I think I’m really going to like the new challenge and change.

On Wednesday the boys and I headed to EC. While they hung out with Grandma I was off to the dentist and a hair appointment. Just as were thinking about heading back home some big storms rolled in so we hung out a little bit later then we planned. Grandma kept Spencer entertained with ice cream.

Thursday we went to the pool with some friends. Easton stayed back with Grandma. He had been running a little bit of a temp for a day and even though I think it might have been from the teeth he’s working on I just didn’t think he should be out in the warm weather. Spencer LOVED the water. I think he was the only one that wanted to be in the water. At first he just liked walking around in the water and then he discovered the little kids slide and when he got to the bottom of that slide he turned and saw the “big kid” slide and immediately wanted to go down. I on the other hand wasn’t so sure he would like it. Finally after listening to him whine for it I thought fine, I will let him go down once and he will realize he doesn’t like it and that will be that. Well I was wrong he loved it and went down it about 30 times. He was good at getting up to the top by himself so I just stood and waited at the bottom for him to come down. A few times he got pushed to the side by the bigger kids but for the most part he held his own. We had a great day and can’t wait to go back.


On the top of the slide....

Where did he go?


Unexpectedly on Thursday Ryan got a call from his dad letting us know that his grandma was in the hospital and not doing very well. He was on his way up here from Texas. A few hours after Ryan’s dad got here she passed away. Ryan was very close with his Grandma and even lived with her for awhile after high school while he played hockey in Milwaukee. It was a shock to us all and she will be greatly missed.
So with a quick change of plans we started packing for a weekend away. We started our trip by going to EC for Finley’s Handy Manny birthday party. Spencer had fun playing with all the kids and Easton enjoyed being held by everyone. We also got a surprise when Jake Dowell (who plays for the Chicago Blackhawks) stopped by for a visit. Spencer was excited to meet a hockey player and was just in aww of him. After the party we started on our drive to Madison.

Maddie on the left is just over 2 weeks, and Elle is on the right she is 6 days old. Aren't they the cutest!
The boys in their Handy Manny Hats.
Easton's face cracks me up in this picture.

First taste of cake.....

Meeting Jake...

We stayed in our usual hotel Saturday night. I was worried both boys were going to sleep in the car the whole way down and be wide awake when we got to the hotel. Spencer actually was awake most of the trip and so we were all pretty tired when we got there. Sunday morning Ryan’s sister Rachel along with Matt, Caden and their newest little one Noah joined us for swimming. Grandpa Ron and Grandma Nancy also stopped by for a quick hello before we were off again. I will fill you in on the rest of our weekend next week as we are currently on the road again for Ryan's Grandma's visitation and funeral.


Baby Noah...

Caden and Spencer breaking from swimming for a snack.....

Spencer just hanging out with his Handy Manny hat on.... don't most little boy's wear their Handy Manny hats to the pool?

Easton sound asleep while the big boys swim.

No comments: